Last modified February 27, 2015
Information We Collect
We collect information from You when You register and use the Service, post User Submissions, pay for services, contact or interact with us, fill out a form, and voluntarily provide us with Your comments and other content in connection with using the Service. When calling us, Your telephone number and name may be collected.
When You register on the Websites or the Apps, we may collect Your name, email address, telephone number, password, zip code, PIN number and any other information that You provide in the registration process. For restaurant users who register on the Websites or the Apps, we may also collect Your restaurant’s name, address, phone number and other information necessary for Guest Innovations to verify that a valid restaurant exists at the location where the App is used.
For patron users, when You use the Websites or the Apps, we may collect Your location, Wi-Fi connection information, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and browser and device information and may gain access to photographs stored on Your mobile device. When You use the Rezku website and Rezku App, We may also collect Your location when You “check in” at a restaurant, which information You may also choose to share through Facebook or Twitter. We may also collect information about Your restaurant reservation, if any, including party size, date and time requested, Your name, telephone number, email address, and password, Your dining habits, and Your dining preferences and purchases. If You choose to provide it, We may also collect sensitive information such as food allergies/sensitivities. If You voluntarily post such information on the Service or provide it at a restaurant or hotel, You assume the risk of such information being accessed, used or distributed by others with whom the information was shared. If You are already a registered user of the Rezku website or Rezku App and You then use the Waitlist App, the Rezku website and/or Rezku App may collect information about Your restaurant reservation.
For restaurant users, when You use the Rezku Tablet App or the Waitku Tablet App, we may collect Your location, Wi-Fi connection information, IP address, and device information. We may also collect information that you provide about your patrons’ reservations and waitlist requests, including party size, date and time requested, patron name, telephone number and email address, patron dining habits, patron dining preferences and purchases and patron food allergies/sensitivities. We may also collect information that You choose to provide about restaurant employees, including their names, titles, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses, and information about Your restaurant, including restaurant configuration, restaurant hours and specials, table turn times, and table status. If you voluntarily input personal information about restaurant patrons or employees into the Rezku Tablet App or the Waitku Tablet App, You assume the risk of such information being accessed, used or distributed by others with whom the information may be shared.
When You register to pay for services or pay for services through the Websites or the Apps, We may collect Your name, billing address, shipping address, billing zip code, unique Customer ID, card number, card expiration date, CVV, tracking ID, stored value card number, PIN, email address, ID, and other information sufficient for our payment processor to process the transaction and provide fraud screening, information security, and compliance.
You may use some portions of the Service anonymously, though We automatically collect information regarding each user of our Service, including Your IP address, the domain name of Your Internet search provider, the Service features You use and the time of Your use, Your mobile device information (e.g. device model and operating system version), and aggregated information that cannot be used to specifically identify You when You use the Service.
We may collect information about You from third party sources including, but not limited to, restaurants, hotels, and point-of-sale system companies. The Websites and the Rezku App provide connections with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Google Plus. If You connect with Facebook through the Service, We receive Your public profile (which includes Your Facebook User ID, Your profile photo, Your public information, and Your friends’ User IDs), Your language, Your country, and whether You are in an age group, for instance, under 18, between 18-20, or 21 and over. We can also access, store, and update the information You share through Facebook. If You connect with Twitter through the Service, We receive Your Twitter identity (which includes Your Twitter avatar and user name and Your followers’ user names). We can also access, store, and update the information You share through Twitter.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that We collect for several purposes, including:
- The purposes for which You provided it;
- To provide services to You (including, but not limited to, sending an SMS message or other notification to patron users or patrons of restaurant users to alert them that their table at a restaurant is ready or to employees of restaurant users);
- To provide user verification services;
- To create or add to Your user profile or registered account;
- To connect with Your social media accounts and post content You choose to share;
- To process and respond to Your inquiries and comments;
- To send You information about Your relationship or transactions with us;
- To develop new products and services;
- To personalize and enhance Your experience using the Service;
- To personalize and enhance Your restaurant experience;
- To send push notifications through the Rezku App;
- To send periodic emails. The email address You provide may be used to send You information and updates pertaining to Your account, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time You would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns;
- To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- To process payment transactions (Your information will be used to submit Your payment information to our payment processor);
- To display relevant advertising;
- To prevent fraud and abuse of the Service and to otherwise protect users and visitors and our business;
- To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas;
- To administer, operate and improve the Service and for internal business purposes; and
How Your Information is Disclosed
We do not control the privacy practices of restaurants. Please contact the restaurant directly if you want to learn about its privacy practices.
Business Changes. If We become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, We may transfer Your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
Investigations and Law. We may disclose information about You to third parties if We believe that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Investigate fraud and abuse on the Service;
- Take action regarding suspected illegal activities;
- Comply with the law or guidance and cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
- Protect our rights, reputation, safety, and property, or that of users or others;
- Respond to claims and legal process (for example, subpoenas); and/or
- Protect against legal liability.
Aggregated Information. We may share aggregated information relating to users of the Service with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties. This aggregated information does not contain personal information about any user.
We also use Google Analytics and other third-party analytics providers in connection with our Apps. Google Analytics collects and stores information from users of the Apps, such as an identifier that helps Google determine which ads it has served to other mobile applications on your device, location-based data, IP address, type of operating system used, device ID, application pages visited, and time spent on each application page and in total. Google Analytics may track you over time and across websites or applications.
Cookies, Local Storage, and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to Your computer’s hard drive through Your Web browser (if You allow it) that enable the website’s or service provider’s system to recognize Your browser and capture and remember certain information. You can instruct Your browser to stop accepting cookies. But if You do not accept cookies, You may not be able to use all portions of all functionality of the Service.
- Persistent cookies remain on the visitor’s computer after the browser has been closed.
- Session cookies exist only during a visitor’s online session and disappear from the visitor’s computer when they close the browser software.
- We may deliver advertisements to You. We may work with third-party advertising companies that help deliver these advertisements to You. To learn more about third-party online advertising and to opt out of certain types of advertising, please see http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp . Note that clearing cookies from Your browser will remove the above opt-outs because they are stored in cookies.
We implement a variety of security measures to protect the safety of Your personal information when You enter, submit, or access Your personal information. Please keep Your account password secure to help ensure the safety of Your personal information. Credit card information You provide through the Service is transmitted to our credit card processor, Priority Payment Systems, is processed offsite, and is transmitted through encrypted channels.
While We take reasonable measures to protect the information You submit via the Service against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email, or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other messages sent through the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Service and take special care in deciding with which information You provide us.
We cannot guarantee that transmissions of your credit or debit card or personal information will be fully secure and that third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or the security measures of our payment processors. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION DUE TO TRANSMISSION ERRORS, THIRD-PARTY ACCESS OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain Your information for as long as You use the Service and for a reasonable time thereafter. Please note that some or all of the information We have collected may be required in order for the Service to function properly.
Links to Other Websites or Applications
When You connect with Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus – such as by posting Your location by “checking in” at a restaurant – Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus may provide Guest Innovations with information as described in Section I above.
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You have choices regarding the use of information by the Service.
- Changing Your Information – To change Your information, You may login to Your account’s control panel and go to the login page. If You are unable to log into Your account, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Closing Your Account – You may close Your account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the email account associated with Your email address is not active, We may close Your account without notice.
Information Collected From Other Websites and Mobile Applications, and Do Not Track Policy
We do not knowingly collect personal information from an individual under age 13. If You are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Service. If You have reason to believe that We may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 13, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
How to Contact Us
Your California Privacy Rights
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing us at 2150 River Plaza Drive, Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95833.